Monday, February 23, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
It's High School...
1. Did you date someone from your school?
2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
I sure hope not.....
3. Did you carpool to school?
I WAS the carpool.
4. What kind of car did you have?
1988 Ford Taurus. Red exterior AND interior. complete w/ cigarrette butts in the garbage compartments in the back (it was a used car......and i was never back there to dig through the garbage flaps!)
5. What kind of car do you have now?
1994 Isuzu Rodeo. Blue Interior, Grey-ish interior. I'm moving up in the world :)
6. It's Friday night...where are you now?
Either working at banana, or seeing a movie/hanging out w/ my bestest of friends. OR some sort of concert. OR on a roadtrip.
7. It is Friday night...where were you then?
Probably working at Chucks (yes...as in chuck-e-cheese's). Cleaning up other's messes. Or just sitting at home watching TV.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
Chuck-E-Cheese's Cast Member & the Soc Shop :) oh the days....
9. What kind of job do you have now?
"BYU Records and Registration, This is MIKE!" and "Would you like to save an additional 15% by signing up for a Banana Republic rewards card?"
10. Were you a party animal?
Never have been....never will be... of which i'm very grateful.
11. Were you considered a flirt?
I think moreso now than i was then.
12. What clubs were you in?
No clubs....just choir.
13. Were you a nerd?
no....but my glasses were.
14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
15. Can you sing the fight song?
um....for the most part....with a little "da da da's" thrown in where i don't know the words. M-V-H-S MVHS THE BEST!
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)?
Mr. Jones (only cause i could make fun of him and he'd return the favor), Rosie (hate to admit it sometimes...but i love this woman), Mrs. Robert (couldn't do calculus to save my life...but i enjoyed her class alot), Coach Stoddard....this man worshipped the ground i walk on...and i have no idea why.
17. Where did you sit during lunch?
Sophomore year: lunchroom. Junior Year: went home everyday. Senior year: the choir room.
18. What was your school's full name?
Mountain View High School
19. When did you graduate?
20. What was your school mascot?
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
I would never want to be a high school student again....but i've always kinda wanted to teach highschool.
22. Did you have fun at Prom?
Prom.....hm....... there was alot of drama going on at that time w/ my group of friends, but the free appetizers at Carrabbas were delish :)
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with?
Not as much as i should, but i did go out to dinner with Brenna a month or so ago. good to catch up
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
YES! YES! YES! i love the idea of reunions...i'm all about keeping in touch w/ people and reminiscing on the good ol' times.
25. Do you still talk to people from school?
Yep. Used to be daily, but now at least once a week i'm in contact w/ people from highschool.
26. School Colors?
Cardinal, White and Gold.
27. Fondest memories in High School?
Choir performances/tours, being a part of the Musicals, going to Volleyball games, my exploding appendix, seeing robbie coe in the hallways, Mr. Mountain View, and watching the miracle of life...i'll never be the same.
28. Did you have any secret handshakes or sayings?
.....they're called "secret handshakes" for a reason.
29.Who was your BFF?
depends on the year..... but if i had to pick one i'd probably have to say through it all Julie. homegirl has stuck w/ me through thick and thin.
30. Do you still talk your high school BFF?
Yep. Not as much as i should though.
31. How have you changed since then?
wow....where do i start? i think the thing that has changed the most is my confidence in myself. i love me now :)
32. Biggest regret?
Being so shy. Not participating in more activities.
33. Awards in School???
Most of my awards came from choir/singing. but i did win the best interview answer for Mr. Mountain view.
34. Did you have a serious boyfriend or girlfriend?
35. If you could change anything about High School, what would it be???
a class period devoted to nap time.
36. Did High School prepare you for real life?
mmmmm classes? no. Social situations? yes.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Salt lake city's finest. The longest fingernails in the world were tragically severed in a car accident. So long one minute of fame. i'm sorry, but even without the fingernails this woman looks like an alien....
and my absolute favorite....
my first question was "do you think she paints them?" my coworkers response, "yeah..she just dips them in a can of paint!"
i think i might vomit.
to see the whole story....
I came to your desk to write you a poem
To tell you your heart is my favorite home
I’m eating a cookie, the E.L. fudge kind
And for some reason chocolate always brings you to mind
It’s probably because you always talk about poo
And just like chocolate that stuff is brown too
Clap your hands if you’re happy because you’re my friend
Clap louder, clap louder or I’ll be dead in the end
Cause just like a fairy you have to believe in me
If I am to be happy and peaceful and loving and free
This poem could go on forever if you’d like
But I don’t think you would, after all you are mike
thank you amber. I can always count on you.
and the rest of the office brought many other varieties.
I think i'm just about cookied out. but a fun time was had by all.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
.... jennifer hudson is truly AMAZING. her performance tonight at the grammys brought me to tears. literally. i'm sad for you if you missed it cause all of them that are appearing on youtube are being taken off. but someday you'll be able to find a copy of it...and you'll love it just as much as i did. guaranteed.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Kaley: sick. we have our meetings in there every friday.
Thinking about crusted milk mustaches, and slobbery ketchup stains brought back a flood of memories. I remember in 1st grade my friend Brandon and I used to chase around this kid who's name was Levi..... our nickname for him was "Levi Peevi"...so one day we made "levi peevi soup" in a puddle that remained after a rain storm under the monkey bars. what made this "levi peevi soup" you ask? .... well.... brandon peed in an empty milk carton and we added that to the muddy water mixture....when our teacher asked what we had done, of course "all we did was put some lemonade in there" ....i can't believe i just made that story public. it's remained in my brain for over 15 years.
Next memory: I used to ride my bike to school alot, and we'd ride with my neighbors who went to my same school. There was a big hill that we went down to get to school.... so one day i was in front of the group and i was going down the hill pretty fast, as i reached the bottom i looked back to see where everyone else was and BAM! ran into a parked camper trailer. my bike slid out from under me and i ended up halfway under the trailer. i cried the rest of the way to school....mmmk, pretty sure i was actually screaming bloody murder the rest of the way to school. and yes....my mother made me stay the rest of the day.
The cool thing to do with my group of friends was collect pencils from the pencil machine next to the lunchroom. The pencils had a different football teams logo on each of them, so the goal was to eventually get every team in the NFL....i don't know how much money i spent on those dang penicls....but i'm sure i could've had a new car by now if i hadn't spent money on those things. But hey.... it got me in with the cool crowd.
Speaking of the "cool kids" my induction into this group happened as follows: i was practicing for the presidential fitness award (you'd have to do so many pushups, situps, run a mile under a certain time etc) on the playground. I was doing pull ups and the 3 "coolest" kids in school saw me doing them and were AMAZED at how many i could do....they approached me and said "hey. you are awesome at pull ups. wanna be our friend?"....and i said yes. too bad i couldn't do 1 pullup to save my life now...i guess that's why in Jr. High i was demoted to the less-than-cool kids table at lunch.
Other memories include:
**ripping a kids shirt while playing football at recess
**watching robbie coe run around the field acting like a dinosaur. claws and all.
** doing "cherry bombs" (backflips) off of the monkey bars
**being chased around by marrinne melhoff for an entire recess period as she called me "gay boy! girlie boy! queer!"i was 10 years old. my mother didn't let me watch MTV, i had no idea what that meant...that one was fun.
** being 4-square champion
** my greenbay packers lunch box
** rollerblading, with the 2 middle wheels gone of course, cause that's what the "cool kids" did.
** buying my elementary school sweetheart melissa schoenfeld a massive chocolate hershey's kiss and a chocolate rose and a dollar store teddy bear for valentines day in 6th grade...cameron bench never forgave me for stealing his woman**working in the lunchroom and thinking it was cool **
**getting excited when it was pizza day in the lunchroom...little did i know that iw as eating something completely unnatural. (i remember also that when i worked in the lunchroom they'd give me 2 pieces! so amazing...)
**going to the library and having the library read us a story, usually "newbury award winners"
**lining up outside the door after recess, and also walking down the hall "single file!"
**Computer lab games.... Oregon Trail was my absolute fave! hated dying of dysentary.
....i'm sure there are so many others that would be blogworthy, but i'm running out of time at work. i miss the simple days. i'd love to hear any other favorite elementary school specific memories.
Casey Carlson. We haven't seen her since her first audition, at least not that i've noticed. but i think she may just be another that they're keeping hidden. she had a great voice, and i'd be surprised if she didn't make it further. keep your eyes peeled.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
-Stevie Wright: i'm pretty sure she's still there.... they didn't show much of her...so i could be wrong..but i LOVE her voice.
-Anoop: the indian dude with a GREAT voice.
-Ann Marie Boskovich: really really pretty tall long dark hair...nice soothing voice.
-Megan Corkrey: actually stood behind this girl in line when i went to the second round of auditions w/ casey... has the tattoo on her left arm. unique voice. i like her.
-Taylor Vaifanua: the polynesian from hurricane utah. she looked great tonight and sang w/ my favorite group. for those that watched....the group that sang their song acapella.
-Jasmine Murray: Young black girl, big pretty eyes...sang w/ the hippie Rose. only one in her group to make it. which is exactly what should have happened.
-Jamar: black guy who has made it this far in the competition w/ his best friend...who is next on my list...sang w/ the acapella group.
-Danny Gokey: probably my favorite male voice this season. His wife died recently, and came w/ his best friend to the competition.
-Matt Giraud: actually didn't see this guy in the earlier rounds, but he has a great voice...don't know much about him.
-Kristin Mcnamara: Girl in the final group that sang...blonde hair. great higher register.
i think that Danny Gokey, Stevie Wright, Taylor Vaifanua, Megan Crokrey, and Ann Marie Boskovich have the best chance of making it through next week. Guess we'll see how good of a judge i am :)
i need a life. (i think i say this at least every 3 or 4 posts...)
write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you
1. I eat a vending machine lunch at least once a week. The joys of working in an office building.
2. I type over 100 addresses daily...and my eyes are starting to feel it. (my record is 305 in 6 hours...sick)
3. I stayed up until 2 am playing golf..... on the playstation.
4. I could eat chili's chips and queso anytime, anyday, anywhere.
5. I stumbled upon (not literally...thankfully) a used condom in the University Mall bathroom the other day..... really people? really? you couldn't find a better place?
6. I have been craving really good seafood for over a month....and i still haven't satisfied that craving.
7. I can drink alcohol and gamble legally in less than a month. but i wont.
8. I can't turn away when "The Real Housewives of Orange County" is on Bravo.
9. One of my favorite things is getting a text from people i haven't heard from in a while. ok...let's be honest. i love getting texts from anyone. it's a problem of mine.
10. I just purchased a pair of prescription glasses for $10.... $4 shipping. I'm hoping they arrive :)
11. The "Angry Whopper" from Burger King makes my taste buds happy.
12. I'm in love with my own blog. (morrellibelly.blogspot.com) you should be too.
13. I secretly want to be able to wear a bow tie and pull it off.
14. I folded around 100 pairs of "chinos" (pants....basically khaki's) at work the other night. and enjoyed it.
15. I wear a CTR ring, yet still consciously sometimes CTW(rong). don't tell my bishop. or God.
16. I almost always wish i were somewhere else. unless i'm somewhere that i want to be...aka anywhere outside of provo/orem.
17. My iPhone's backround says "I like it when you touch me"....i think it's funny.
18. I don't know 3/4 of the songs on my ipod.
19. I have more pictures of myself on facebook than my amount of friends. sad.
20. I discovered today that foreign coins don't work in vending machines. good thing i had a dollar bill.
21. My car squeels like a crying child every time i start it....and i get embarrassed every time.
22. 3 of my coworkers are deaf in 1 ear.
23. I get blinded by the sun hitting the glass windows of the library everyday. yet i still open my blinds.
24. I text/play games on my phone during church.
25. I hid my credit card in my underwear drawer so i wouldn't use it.