Sunday, December 26, 2010

It's been a while...

Life has kinda been flying by recently, and I don't know how I feel about it.

I've finished my first semester back at school, and I feel pretty good about what I accomplished. Although I don't know what my final grades are, I feel like I did my best...especially considering the circumstances. It's not easy working 3 jobs and going to school full-time. But I some how managed. I've never felt so positive about school....and I think it's because I'm really determined to actually start a career. I so look forward to teaching and hopefully helping high school students as they begin to think about what life is all about. I finally just feel good about the direction I am headed with my career, and nothing can stop me. I will be applying for the History Teaching program before I leave for London........fingers crossed. If I'm not accepted, well, I'll figure that out if I need to.

....speaking of London...I leave in 9 days. I can't believe that the time is already here. It seems like just yesterday that I didn't even have London on my mind... just planning on staying in Provo winter semester until I was accepted into the teaching program. BUT life kinda takes me by surprise sometimes and I couldn't be more excited. I've never been outside of the United States (except for 2 hours when visiting the Canadian side of Niagra Falls). I'm excited to experience the culture in London on a more deep level than if I were just to visit for a week. I will be going with a group of about 40 people through BYU's study abroad program. We come from all different types of families and backgrounds and I'm excited to get to know a new group of people. I look forward to learning about the History of London and surrounding areas. I'm ready to be there. Now.

Christmas this year came and went...as I get older Christmas time around the Morrell household continues to change....I don't like it, but it comes along with being the youngest of 7. But I really enjoy this season and all it stands for. I am forever grateful for my family and close friends who help me on a daily basis. I wouldn't be the person I am today without the influence of those closest to me.

what else is new? bought a new camera for London....something I've wanted for a long time, so London was a great excuse. hopefully I'll remember things I've learned from past photo classes and can produce some nice photographs while traveling the world.

what better to break a camera in with than a self portrait:




BYE!

6 comments:

Kelsey and Riley said...

oh mike. we better get to see you within those next 9 days.....

Chess said...

Secksy, Stink, secksy. Oh man, I'm gonna miss knowing that you're on the same continent as I am. :(

Ashley Eliza said...

1. LOVE nikons, they are the best. yay:)
2. have SO much fun in London!!
3.i bet you meet your future wifey there..
4. i know how you feel with the whole youngest of 7 thing..

glad you're doing well and i hope to see lots of london posts and pics! Good luck :)

xoxo

Rain Coyote said...

You. Lucky. Dog.

You'll have so much fun in London, that was my first trip abroad too. A good first one if you ask me. Enjoy! We'll miss you much.

maremee said...

I hate that Christmas changes. Mine is very different. I'm not always good at accepting the changes.

kajsiaO said...

vinyet!